This recipe is the creation of the ever-brilliant and my partner in crime Rupi Johal aka.. The Hunger Rebel on Instagram.
For all you wannabe bakers out there… here is a recipe that is gluten free, dairy free and sugar free.
If you need to be careful of your sugar intake but loved baked goods, then Rupi’s delicious take on banana bread will be right up your alley!
Pineapple, Coconut & Banana Bread (GF/DF/SF)
2 -3 x ripe bananas
230g x tin pineapple chucks in juice
25ml x pineapple juice (leftover from the tin)
70g x ground almonds
130g x coconut flour
1 tsp. x baking powder
Pinch of salt
50ml x melted coconut oil
2 x eggs (lightly whisked)
1tsp. x vanilla bean paste or extract
10g x desiccated coconut for decoration
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5 or 170c. Grease and line a loaf tin with oil and baking paper
2. Peel bananas, drain the pineapple (reserving the juice), place into a bowl and mash together with a potato masher.
3. Now Add 25ml of the reserved juice, eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and whisk with a hand whisk
4. Into a separate bowl add all the dry ingredients together; ground almonds, coconut flour, pinch of salt and baking powder. Mix with your finger tips to remove any lumps.
5. Combine all wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently fold together with a spatula; Note: this will be a thick, soft batter and not pouring consistency
6. Spoon the batter into the loaf tin and spread out evenly. Top with desiccated coconut and bake for 45-55mins
7. Allow the cake to cool completely before removing from the tin and serve
Happy baking and let me know what you think!